Friday 9 June 2017

An invitation to share your life changing stories

Today's post is from Delyth, co-founder of an app we love called 'This Changed Me' - a space for people to share anything that has inspired change in their lives. Delyth got in touch with Yes to Life following her own experience with cancer in her family and would like to share the story of how this changed her life too.


It was nearly two years ago that my mum was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, to say that we were shocked is an understatement. I felt my world dissolve under my feet, I allowed the terror to come in and had a couple of complete melt downs. I remember seeing mum for the first time after we received the diagnosis and weeping on her shoulder, she stroked my hair.  I was very much her child and feeling like a child in that moment, not the 40 year old I was at that time.

Mum was amazing and still is.

The way she dealt with the diagnosis and the treatment was head on; her positivity and belief throughout was inspirational. Mum is a glass half full woman. She is incredibly positive and her mindset was strong and infallible even in dark moments.

The way I dealt with this was immediately to search for information – WHAT CAN WE DO to encourage the best outcome. I discovered that there was a lot that we could do – an incredible amount – this was empowering and gave us hope. What I uncovered was life changing in terms of how we managed mum’s treatment and how we are now.

I am a trained Nutritional Therapist but hadn’t had a practice in years, instead I had created, developed and launched an app called This Changed Me which was in part related to my experiences as a therapist. But the diagnosis connected me back to the power of food, mum’s diet had a complete overhaul, we saw a therapist working with people with cancer (that I found via Yes to Life’s website), therefore a lot of supplements, keeping mum positive, keeping her moving and exercising… giving her LOVE and support which is vital.  All of these elements are correlated with recovery.

Mum had a stem cell transplant 2 years ago and has bounced back incredibly quickly and she feels in great health. She has little ups and downs but on the whole is happy, feels vital, she is in the world pursuing all her passions.

I know that the food, supplements, her mind set and positivity, love and support got her through this and contributes greatly to her vitality today. All of this she continues with.

Personally I learnt so much: to pursue my passions, to be true to myself, to try and be much more present, to see life as a gift even in challenging times, to be compassionate and loving, I am far more resilient than I thought I was, I did all I could to be there for my mum, my connection to wellness reinvigorated, I want to help people….



I wanted to share my story with Yes to Life in part because the organisation helped us in time of huge vulnerability. And also because I want to invite the community of Yes to Life to share your life changing stories – big or small – with my community on This Changed Me. I truly believe that your learnings would be inspirational, hopeful and a source of inspiration to other people.

This Changed Me is for people who enjoy sharing life-changing stories – big or small, trivial to life-changing and for those looking for inspiration, support, motivation. 

This Changed Me received a commendation from the renowned Webby Awards last year.


Please take a look here:


This Changed Me


Download on iTunes


If you want to talk with Delyth personally about This Changed Me, please email – hello@thischanged.me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.