This oven baked frittata is simple to make and makes a convenient lunch, supper or picnic item. The miso adds a deeper flavour and is a source of B vitamins, antioxidants and probiotics.
This is just one of the recipes we are featuring at the cookery workshop on Saturday 4 July – click here for more info.
1 small head of broccoli, chopped into florets
2 medium red onions, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
One pepper, red or yellow, diced
8 sundried tomatoes
2 tsp brown rice miso (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
2. Lightly saute the vegetables in the oil until softened.
3. Place the vegetables (including sun dried tomatoes) in a shallow (oiled) flan dish
4. Beat the eggs with the miso, herbs and seasoning. Pour over the vegetables
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until set, and serve with salad and/ or sauerkraut
Serves 4 – 6
Alternative – replace the broccoli with 450g farm raised sausage meat; use only 8 eggs.
To find out more about Jenny and the work she does at Inspired Nutrition, please visit the website
Find more of Jenny's creations on the recipes page
Read about our last cookery workshop here and purchase tickets for Saturday's (4th July) cookery workshop with Jenny here