Jenny is hosting a cookery workshop with Yes to Life in Brighton on Saturday March 7th, if you are interested in coming along please click here for more information.
In this recipe Jenny offers us an alternative to wheat that will have any bread lover fantasising...
here) But what to eat instead?
This recipe is really easy to make, and replaces traditional wheat flour with a blend of flax seeds (rich in omega 3) and oats. The addition of eggs too make it a good protein source, and it tastes delicious.
Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 20 mins
210g flax seeds (or 50:50 flax and oats) ground to a flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 beaten eggs
55ml olive oil
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Oil a small baking tray (9 x 7 inch pan with sides is ideal)
1) Mix the dry ingredients well. If you are using a blender to grind the seeds and oats, you can combine all of the dry ingredients and blitz, then empty into a bowl.
2) Add the wet ingredients, and combine well
3) Pour the batter into tray. Spread to an even thickness, and sprinkle with nuts and seeds (optional)
5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning.
6) Cool and cut into slices. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Variation – add sundried tomatoes, chopped olives etc to the batter mix; top with sunflower seeds
Jenny is hosting a cookery workshop with Yes to Life in Brighton on Saturday March 7th, if you are interested in coming along please click here for more information
To find out more about Jenny and the work she does at Inspired Nutrition, please visit the website
Find more of Jenny's creations on the recipes page