Wednesday 13 August 2014

You've Kicked Cancer's Butt...So Now What?


Today's post is by Gloria Halim, holistic health coach, founder of Rock On Divas and author of 'Healing Foods Healthy Foods'. She writes about her experiences improving well-being and why if you are in need of a boost, the Rock On Divas Renew & Energize Retreat (19th-20th September) could be just for you!

I started on my health and wellness journey after being diagnosed and going through breast cancer treatment five years ago. Coming to the end of major treatment, I started asking questions and doing research into how I could heal and stay healthy after treatment. I needed to do something in order to keep myself from walking this cancer treatment journey ever again. Through my research and studying, I found there was a lot I could do and the place to start was to change my diet and lifestyle.


Most of the information and knowledge I gained about food is written in my book 'Healing Foods Healthy Foods'. I went on to qualify as a holistic health coach at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York and am certified by the American Association for Drugless Practitioners.

I started coaching on keeping the body healthy to try to prevent dis-ease. Through that, I started getting clients who had been through the same cancer journey to join my programs, wanting to learn how I healed after treatment. A year ago, I decided to create an event in a safe, quiet and relaxing environment where I would run my nutrition and well-being workshops and where the ladies get pampered because they deserve it after all they have been through. This is something I know I would have liked to have when I finished my treatment. I believe it gives that much needed time and space to catch your breath, relax and recharge after treatment, and figure out what the next step would be.

Here’s what you get at the 2-day retreat:

4 workshops/talks on nutrition and well-being
2 yoga classes
Spa treatment (choice of massage, facial or reflexology)
Full access to spa facilities i.e. pool, sauna, gym etc.
Healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner
Healthy fresh juices
Tour of the beautiful gardens and grounds
Personal time


The next retreat is taking place on the 19th – 20th September 2014 at the Lifehouse Spa and Hotel in Essex. This will be the last retreat for this year, as more time is needed to plan new dates for 2015.  

Spaces are strictly limited to 15 as I’d like everyone to have a good intimate, personal experience because however different each person’s experience is, it all matters.

So if you are coming to the end of your treatment or have already finished and are trying to figure out what’s next, in need of some nutritional and well-being information and a break where you’ll be pampered as well, please book your place as soon as possible. The closing date for booking is 23rd Aug 2014.

I look forward to welcoming you on your healing journey.

Peace and fabulous health!

Gloria

For more information on schedule, location and booking please click here


Feedback from previous events, please click on each link below:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.